Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rainy days

So since school has started I have been so busy and it's been tiring. I am loving this school year but I have long days which can be hard some days when I just don't want to do anything. I also find myself being jealous of my roommates sometimes who can just chill after their classes and have a relaxing evening on the couch watching tv. I start my days early, get to campus at 9 for classes and if I'm not in class I am at work until 3:30. Then I usually have dance company rehearsals, student dance show rehearsals, or my own rehearsal choreographing. If I'm not doing that then I'm at the BCM leading freshmen, creative ministries, or going to a meeting and 180. just wanted to give you an insight of how crazy my semester really is. This morning I had to be at work at 8...I got up when it was still dark outside and storming. How I wanted to sleep in so much, I love sleeping on cloudy, rainy days. It is just so relaxing and peaceful...maybe one day I'll experience that again. anyways, so I have had a lot of thoughts I have wanted to post about but writing in my blog is the last thing on my mind these days. I did want to share a letter that I wrote pertaining to a mission trip to Honduras. I sent out support letters Thursday and they were received on Friday, talk about fast. probably because all the ones I mailed live an hour away haha. anyways, I visited with my grandparents last night and my Grandma said reading my letter brought tears to her eyes and that they would be giving me a check. Right now, it's out of my hands, if God wants me to go on this trip then He will provide so at this point I'm not worried about getting enough money to go. I am also writing to my church back home to ask if they would sponsor me on this trip. So here is the letter I have written.


Dear Family and Friends,


This year I have gotten more involved with the Baptist Campus
Ministries (BCM) here on campus at WKU. I am co-leading a freshmen family group, which means that I lead a group of freshmen through a weekly meeting where we discuss God, life, college, and just providing them with resources they need. I am also on the BCM leadership council for creative ministries, which seeks to outreach through different creative expressions such as dance, drama, etc. My first year of college I was able to go on a mission trip to Texas with the BCM to work with an organization called Mission Arlington. While in Texas, we led VBS for local apartment complexes and took the church to the people. On this trip I made some valuable friendships and connected with fellow students as well as the adults that went with us.
This year I am being provided an opportunity to go to Honduras January 2nd-9th to serve at Hogar de Ninos Jesus de Nazaret (which means Jesus of Nazareth Children's home), and I am very excited. You see, when I was a freshman I had always wanted to go to an orphanage but no opportunities arose at that time so I figured it wasn’t meant to be. In Texas, my discipleship leader Emily’s parents went with us and we became good friends over the years. The cool part is that Emily’s parents moved to Honduras in May to work at the orphanage we will be going to serve. While in Honduras we will have a work project throughout the eight days we will be there and will be working with children as well.
There are about 200 kids throughout the various programs of the orphanage. Some of them include: *Orphanage Main Compound, which includes all the youngest kids and all of the girls, *Farm where all of the boys over age seven live, *Transition House - Young adults who are working and going to school, *Misericordia (Mercy House) - Program for women with mental disabilities, and *Buen Pastor (Good Shepherd Home) - Program for teenage mothers and their children. For more information, feel free to visit the non-profit organization here in the U.S. that support the projects of this orphanage www.agcltd.org
The last mission trip I went on was to Texas my freshmen year of college and I have been waiting and praying about going on another since. I feel like God could really use me to serve through this trip. However, I cannot do it without your support. The trip will cost $1100-1200 dollars, which you know money doesn’t come easy for college students. So if you are able and feel led to donate please send me a check payable to WKU BCM. My address is 2426 Thoroughbred Dr. Apt. 916C Bowling Green, KY 42104. If you cannot support financially please consider praying for this trip and the impact that will be made through our team. We are hoping to take 20 people with us.

For His Glory,
Natalie Sims

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy, busy! I get jealous of the people who can come home from class and watch tv too! But then I realize that everything we do is for a purpose...even all of the busy-ness of life that we have to deal with! I enjoyed reading your letter..I will be praying for you and will support you financially if I can. I know God will use you in mighty ways at the orphanage! Love you!

    ReplyDelete