Friday, February 27, 2009

Finding Restoration

Well I have to say that this week was by far the busiest and most stressful that I've had this semester so far. I had my first 2 tests and a paper of the semester and of course it all happened to fall on the same day so I didn't get much sleep and I don't think I did as well as I wanted to on my tests. The first test is always harder to study for since you don't know what exactly to expect. I have my dance midterms next week which I need to practice for especially since my ballet professor is a nazi and counts every mistake which lowers your grade the more you have. blah. I am excited about this weekend of finding a little bit of relaxation and social time with friends. I have been hiding away this week it feels like and I need to be around people ha. Good things did happen this week though, got some of the roommate drama in my apt. sorted out and Joy reacted well when I told her I was living with some other girls from my dgroup. So we are on good terms and I am so relieved. Tomorrow morning my future roomies and I are going to sign our lease to live at college suites! I am so excited to live there, it is so nice and I will have my own bathroom with a big bed. The only downside is that I just can't walk to campus but they do have a free shuttle so you don't have to drive. I'm also pumped that some of the girls and I are watching high school musical 3! yeah! haha I saw it in theatres but even though it's cheesy I still love it because it reminds me of the fun I had back in the day. It is crazy to think about how much time has passed since high school and how college has gone by so fast. Last night I was just thinking that I don't have that much time left in school and honestly it's a really scary thought to think about what to do after you graduate. Especially if the economy doesn't get much better. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like had I chosen a different path to go and that maybe I should have gone with something more stable haha but it is what I love to do. It is just hard to endure with the struggles to be successful but I guess that comes with anything. I am just praying that the Lord will lead me where to go and what I am supposed to do. I am little scared about my summer plans...mainly because I don't have any yet and it's almost March. one week until spring break...I just can't comprehend it all sometimes, time goes by much too fast and this whole concept of growing older and becoming an adult is kinda weird sometimes. I enjoy it but it's still nice to be a kid sometimes. I think it's one of the reasons I desire to teach/work with high school. The Lord has enstilled in me some passion for them and honestly to think about how I can impact them through hopefully, Lord willingly, teaching dance is what keeps me going in school. For spring break this year, I decided to stay in Nashville at home. I will be doing some catching up on things and getting errands done such as haircut, dentist, taxes, and other fun stuff like that. I will also be going to work with the Nashville Rescue Mission with First Baptist. We will be distributing meals and organizing stuff that it brought in. I am excited to serve especially at a place so close to home that I often forget about the many homeless and lost people where I grew up. Well this brings about a close to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment